Today, 4th February 2016, is World Cancer Day and Suttons is doing its bit to support Cancer Research UK through a specially selected range of seeds. .
Cancer Research UK state that “One in two people born after 1960 in the UK will be diagnosed with some form of cancer in their lifetime but, with the life changing advances in research over the last 40 years, survival has doubled.”
Some interesting facts from the Cancer Research UK website:
– Around 3,400 cases of cancer in the UK each year could be prevented by keeping active.
– Heavy gardening counts as moderate activity
– Healthier diets could help prevent 1 in 10 cancers.
– Fruit and vegetables are an important part of a healthy diet and can affect the risk of some cancer types, like mouth and throat cancers.
– Choose fruit and vegetables with a variety of colours to help you include a broad range of vitamins and minerals in your diet. The chemicals that give these foods their colour are often the same ones that are good for you.
So gardening and growing plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables can play their part in keeping us healthy.
Here at Suttons we have designed a special range of vegetable and flower seeds with 25p from the sale of each promotional pack going to Cancer Research UK. The seeds selected for the range are all fairly easy to sow and grow with detailed guidelines printed on the back of each packet.
A total of 15 different packets make up this range however each packet contains 2 varieties. This helps to broaden the range of vitamins and minerals and also the range of colours. For example, the Mangetout Pea packet contains both Shiraz and Oregon varieties and so will produce both deep purple and vibrant green pods. Attractive, tasty and healthy!
To view the Cancer Research UK Vegetable Seed Range in full, please click here.
In keeping with Cancer Research UK’s colours the range of flower seed includes a spectrum of white and pink blooms. Some individual flowers include both pink and white, such as the lovely scented Lupinus Avalune Candy Cane, whereas other packets include flowers of both colours such as Sweet Pea Honeydew..
To view the Cancer Research UK Flower Seed Range in full, please click here
Please remember, 25p from each packet purchased will go straight to Cancer Research UK