With many thousands of potato varieties here’s just a few of the most popular for eating “new”:
Carlingford Charlotte Colleen International Kidney
Foremost Vivaldi Rocket Jazzy
Maris Peer Lady Christl Ostara
Boiled or Steamed
• Mix together some Greek yoghurt, lemon, finely chopped garlic and mint. Place everything in one bowl and gently stir until the potatoes are all coated. Tuck in!
• Melt butter in a pan, add finely chopped garlic and some chopped parsley, mint chives. Then toss the potatoes in the butter and serve.
• Slightly over-cook the potatoes, crush them with the back of a fork and then return them to the pan with some olive oil and chopped chilli. Heat gently then remove from the heat and stir in a spoonful of Greek yoghurt and plenty of chopped parsley.
• Slice the potatoes and add to beaten egg with some parsley, peas, chopped onion and carrot. Pour into an oiled pan and grill until set.
• Stir in some pesto and fresh mint for a quick yet tasty side dish
• Use as the main ingredient in a veggie curry
Roasted or Baked
• About half-way through cooking add crushed garlic, some thyme and rosemary sprigs and the zest and juice from a lemon. Mix well and return to the oven.
• About half-way through cooking add diced chorizo, diced red pepper, chopped garlic and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Mix well and return to the oven.
What other ingredients work well with new potatoes?
Cauliflower Garlic Mint Thyme Rosemary
Dill Basil Parsley Onion Lemon
Cream Saffron Cheese Eggs Oily Fish