This competition has now closed but thank you to all those who took part. Congratulations goes out to our winners who have won a pre-planted Petunia Surfinia Collection hanging basket.
Six tips to help you look after pre-planted hanging baskets
With a little care and attention, it’s possible to keep your pre-planted hanging baskets blooming all summer. Here are six tips from our horticultural team to help you enjoy a fabulous, long-lasting display.
- Check your hanging baskets every day and water if required. This is vital if you want big, healthy baskets filled with flowers.
- Water early in the morning to help your plants cope with the stress of very hot days. In a heatwave, you may need to water again in the evening.
- If the flowers in your baskets wilt, the roots will also shrivel making it harder for them to absorb water. Give your baskets a thorough soak but catch the run-off in a bucket and return it, along with the nutrients it contains, to the basket. Your plants need those nutrients to flower well.
- Summer bedding plants rely entirely on the soil in the basket for their nutrients so it’s important to feed every 10-14 days from April to September. A low and steady supply of nutrients is the best method.
- Deadhead spent flowers regularly to keep your plants blooming. Do this as frequently as possible to keep your baskets looking their best.
- Trim back leggy growth to encourage your plants to produce new, bushy growth from the base.
Pre-planted hanging baskets are an easy way to brighten up your outdoor space. Professionally curated by our head gardener – the colours, varieties and flowering times have been carefully considered to give you a show-stopping display. And once the season is over, you can always buy a collection of colour-themed plug plants to re-fill your empty baskets the following year.
Hanging baskets provide instant kerb appeal for a front entrance or a welcome splash of bright colour for your back garden. Choose pre-planted hanging baskets if you want a quick solution, or browse our full range of hanging basket plants if you like to design your own display. You’ll find plenty of tips on how to choose the best hanging basket in our helpful article.
Terms and conditions
- This giveaway is only open to United Kingdom residents aged over 18, excluding employees of Suttons Consumer Products, their families and all those professionally associated with this Promotion.
- This giveaway is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Closing Date: 11.59am on the 26th June 2023
- To Enter: choose from the methods available, including sharing an email address for great offers, visiting the Suttons Facebook page, or liking Suttons on Twitter.
- The Prize: 3 winners will each win 1 x 10in (25cm) Pre-Planted Basket from Suttons (variety: Petunia Surfinia Collection)
- The Prize is non-exchangeable or transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, or discounts. Due to current regulations, we are not able to send this prize to winners in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
- The winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the promotional period within 2 working days of the Closing Date.
- The winners will be contacted by an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 working days of the Closing Date. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner. If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner.
- No cash alternative for the Prize stated is offered.
- Suttons Consumer Products may substitute the Prize for an alternative if, for any reason, the original Prize is unavailable.
- Suttons Consumer Products may request that the winner participates in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winner is under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion.
- By entering this giveaway, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of the Suttons Consumer Products, which are final in all matters relating to the giveaway. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If you agreed to sign up to our mailing list, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails and catalogues from Suttons Seeds, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a voluntary entry method, and not a mandatory condition of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the giveaway, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
- Suttons Consumer products reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. The decision of Suttons Consumer Products in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the giveaway, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
- To the full extent permitted by law Suttons Consumer Products will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this giveaway beyond its reasonable control. Suttons Consumer Products does not accept any liability for the acts of any third-party Prize provider.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and affect the remainder of the provisions.