This competition has now closed but thank you to all those who took part. Congratulations goes to our 5 winners who each won a 2-litre potted ‘Veranda Red’ tomato plant from Suttons along with a hot-off-the-press, hardcover copy of Claire Thomson’s ‘Tomato’ recipe book.
It couldn’t be easier to enjoy a taste of the Mediterranean this summer – simply grow a couple of garden-ready tomato plants by your back door. And you’ll be positively praying for a glut when you see this inspiring collection of 80 new tomato recipes from Claire Thomson…
Why you should grow ‘Verana Red’ tomato plants
Growing your own tomatoes isn’t just about saving money or reducing your carbon footprint, it allows you to try varieties that aren’t readily available in the supermarket. Despite their absolutely amazing taste, some of these varieties simply don’t lend themselves to commercial production.
Lovingly nurtured in the UK for 15 years, tomato ‘Veranda Red’ is one of the sweetest and tastiest tomatoes you can grow at home. The cherry-sized fruits ripen very early, around mid-July, so you won’t have to wait too long to enjoy your harvest.
Extremely versatile, this beautiful plant is especially well suited to growing in patio containers, or as part of a decorative hanging basket display. Just find a sunny spot and watch it grow!
Best tomato recipe book
Celebrating seasonal produce that’s bursting with flavour, this brand new book from professional chef Claire Thomson is the ultimate guide to everything tomato. An endlessly versatile ingredient, Claire’s collection of 80 tomato recipes includes all sorts of delicacies. From tomato beignets through to burnt tomato salsa and peach, there’s something to suit every palate.
Whether you’re looking for solutions to a glut or want to explore new ideas, Tomato is a flavoursome source of inspiration. Due to be released on 23 June 2022, pre-order your copy today.
Terms and conditions
- This giveaway is only open to United Kingdom mainland residents aged over 18, excluding employees of Suttons Consumer Products, their families and all those professionally associated with this Promotion.
- Employees or agents of Claire Thomson or Quadrille Publishing, their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- This giveaway is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 13th June 2022
- To Enter: You must use the Rafflecopter widget supplied. Choose from the methods available, including sharing an email address for great offers, tweeting about the giveaway, and visiting the Suttons Facebook page.
- The Prize: 5 winners in total. Each winner will receive 1x2L Tomato ‘Veranda Red’ plant and a copy of ‘Tomato’ by Claire Thomson.
The prizes will be sent to the winners by post and will arrive separately. The book will arrive around the publication date of the 23rd June.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable or transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, or discounts. Due to current regulations, we are not able to send this prize to winners in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
- The winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the promotional period within 2 working days of the Closing Date.
- The winners will be contacted by an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 working days of the Closing Date. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner. If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner.
- No cash alternative for the Prize stated is offered.
- Suttons Consumer Products may substitute the Prize for a prize of an equal or greater value if, for any reason, the original Prize is unavailable.
- Suttons Consumer Products may request that the winner participates in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winner is under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion.
- By entering this giveaway, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of the Suttons Consumer Products, which are final in all matters relating to the giveaway. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If you agreed to sign up to our mailing list, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails and catalogues from Suttons Seeds, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a voluntary entry method, and not a mandatory condition of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the giveaway, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the giveaway, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
- To the full extent permitted by law Suttons Consumer Products will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this giveaway beyond its reasonable control. Suttons Consumer Products does not accept any liability for the acts of any third-party Prize provider.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and affect the remainder of the provisions.