This competition has now closed but thank you to all those who took part. All the winners have been drawn & contacted. Congratulations to our 5 winners who each won a fantastic bundle of sunflower seeds from the selection below.
While you wait for our next competition, be sure to check out our gorgeous range of sunflower seeds selection below – perfect for filling your gardens with sensational blooms!
Sunflower ‘Tiger’s Eye’ F1
Sunflower ‘Tiger’s Eye’ is a magnificent, brand new, multi-stemmed variety that grows to 60cm tall. Flowering for a full eight weeks, these bi-coloured bright yellow blooms have a unique deep-red ring around the disc floret that acts as a magnet for pollinators. Providing a healthy snack for humans too, the delicious seeds can be harvested to add to cakes and bakes!
Easy to grow, simply direct sow these sunflower seeds thinly into finely raked, moist, warm, weed-free soil where you want them to flower. Germination takes about 7-14 days.
Sunflower ‘Cut Flower Mix’
Specially selected for cut flower displays and chosen from pollen-free varieties, Sunflower ‘Cut Flower Mix’ is the perfect way to fill your home or surprise your friends with freshly cut flowers. Growing to a height of 80-150cm, this sizzling mix of colours, shapes and sizes creates real drama in any garden or vase.
Start your seeds under glass in March and April, or direct sow your sunflower seeds outdoors in April or June, once all chance of frost has passed. Your flowers will bloom from July through to September.
Possibly the tallest sunflower ever bred (and recommended by Which?) Sunflower ‘Giraffe’ towers over your garden and is the perfect project to inspire kids and grandkids! Easy to grow and reaching an impressive 4.5m tall, this British variety is perfectly suited to the UK climate. The dinner-plate-sized flowers last several weeks before providing a special feast for wild birds. The cut stems also look incredible in a large vase, creating a real talking point in your home.
Start your ‘Giraffe’ sunflower seeds off under glass from March-April, or find a sunny spot outdoors from April-June and pop them in the soil where you want them to grow. Your giant flowers will bloom from July-September, giving you a great shot at winning your local sunflower growing competition!
Sunflower ‘Ruby Sunset’
This velvety-red sunflower will certainly make a statement in your summer borders. Reaching heights of 1-1.5m, Sunflower ‘Ruby Sunset’ produces up to 15 scarlet blooms per stem, giving you a dramatic and colourful display.
They couldn’t be easier to grow. Simply direct sow your seeds in a sunny position from April onwards.
Sanvitalia ‘The Hanging Basket Sunflower’
Even the smallest of gardens or balconies can enjoy cheerful displays of mini ‘sunflowers’ from June-October. Grow Sanvitalia ‘The Hanging Basket Sunflower’ in window boxes and containers or allow it to luxuriously cascade from baskets hung from walls, fences and sheds.
With masses of classic yellow petals and a dark brown centre, these tiny sunflower-like blooms each measure about 2cm wide. Sturdy and robust, they’re strong enough to withstand wind and rain. And with regular deadheading, they’ll brighten up your outside space until the first frosts arrive.
From the tallest, giant sunflowers to the smallest mini varieties, there’s a sunflower to suit all sized gardens. And don’t just stick to traditional favourites when there are so many new sunflower seeds to choose from! Visit our full range of flower seeds for even more inspiration.
Terms and conditions
- This giveaway is only open to United Kingdom mainland residents aged over 18, excluding employees of Suttons Consumer Products, their families and all those professionally associated with this Promotion.
- This giveaway is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 7th March 2022
- To Enter: choose from the methods available, including sharing an email address for great offers, tweeting about the giveaway, and visiting the Suttons Facebook page.
- The Prize: 5 winners will be selected and sent a bundle of Suttons sunflower seeds. The varieties on offer are:
Sunflower Seeds – Tiger Eye F1
Sunflower Seeds – Cut Flower Mix
Sunflower Seeds – Ruby Sunset
Sunflower Seeds – Giraffe
Sanvitalia Seeds – The Hanging Basket Sunflower
The prizes will be sent to the winners by post.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable or transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, or discounts. Due to current regulations, we are not able to send this prize to winners in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
- The winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the promotional period within 2 working days of the Closing Date.
- The winners will be contacted by an email from email@example.com within 3 working days of the Closing Date. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner. If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner.
- No cash alternative for the Prize stated is offered.
- Suttons Consumer Products may substitute the Prize for a prize of an equal or greater value if, for any reason, the original Prize is unavailable.
- Suttons Consumer Products may request that the winner participates in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winner is under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion.
- By entering this giveaway, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of the Suttons Consumer Products, which are final in all matters relating to the giveaway. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If you agreed to sign up to our mailing list, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails and catalogues from Suttons Seeds, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a voluntary entry method, and not a mandatory condition of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the giveaway, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the giveaway, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
- To the full extent permitted by law Suttons Consumer Products will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this giveaway beyond its reasonable control. Suttons Consumer Products does not accept any liability for the acts of any third-party Prize provider.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and affect the remainder of the provisions.