This competition has now closed but thank you to all those who took part. Congratulations goes to our three winners who each won a bundle of Suttons flower seeds to sow in April.
Keep an eye on our social channels or ‘Competitions’ page for future giveaways. And in the meantime, take a quick peek at our picks of gorgeous flower seeds that can be sown in the spring.
How to create a sensational flower display on a shoestring
If you want to brighten your borders on a budget or perk up empty pots without breaking the bank, flower seeds are an economical choice. To help you succeed, we’ve found six of the easiest flowers to grow from seed. It couldn’t be more simple – just sow them directly outside into bare soil once all threat of frost has passed.
- Petunia ‘Superbissima Triumph Mix’ – producing a mass of large, crimped petals in magenta and pink, these exotic blooms are great for containers, baskets and window boxes.
- Cosmos Seeds ‘Sonata Dwarf Mix’ – growing to 50cm tall, these pink and white blooms emerge from a cloud of fine, ferny foliage. They’re ideal for filling large areas of beds and borders with texture and colour.
- Column Stock ‘American Beauty’ – producing jaw-dropping spires of intensely pink and scented blooms, at 75cm tall these majestic stocks deliver height and drama.
- Calendula ‘Orange King’ – this bright orange variety boasts splendid double flowers that reach 45cm tall making it ideal for beds, baskets and containers.
- French Marigold ‘Fantasia Mix’ – From pale lemon through to deep orange and rusty red, these dwarf blooms create a cheerful carpet of colour from June to September.
- Nasturtium ‘Jewel of Africa Mix’ – The pretty variegated foliage of this climber is just as attractive as the joyful yellow and orange flowers. Smother a fence, trail from a basket or use it as interesting ground cover.
Beginner gardener? Check out our ‘Success with your seeds’ article and watch the short video guide to seed sowing before you begin.
Terms and conditions
- This giveaway is only open to United Kingdom mainland residents aged over 18, excluding employees of Suttons Consumer Products, their families and all those professionally associated with this Promotion.
- This giveaway is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Closing Date: 12 noon, Wednesday 29th March 2023.
- To Enter: choose from the methods available, including sharing an email address for great offers, following Suttons on Twitter, and visiting the Suttons Facebook page.
- The Prize: Three winners will be selected and each sent 6 packets of Suttons flower seeds. The varieties on offer are:
Marigold French Seeds – Fantasia Mix
Petunia Superbissima Triumph Mix Seeds
Column Stock American Beauty Seeds
Cosmos Seeds – Sonata Dwarf Mix
Calendula Seeds – Orange King
Nasturtium Seeds – Jewel of Africa Mix
- The Prize is non-exchangeable or transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, or discounts. Due to current regulations, we are not able to send this prize to winners in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
- The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the promotional period within 3 working days of the Closing Date.
- The winner will be contacted by an email from email@example.com within 5 working days of the Closing Date. If the winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner. If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner.
- No cash alternative for the Prize stated is offered.
- Suttons Consumer Products may substitute the Prize for a prize of an equal or greater value if, for any reason, the original Prize is unavailable.
- Suttons Consumer Products may request that the winner participates in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winner is under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion.
- By entering this giveaway, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of the Suttons Consumer Products, which are final in all matters relating to the giveaway. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If you agreed to sign up to our mailing list, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails and catalogues from Suttons Seeds, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a voluntary entry method, and not a mandatory condition of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the giveaway, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the giveaway, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
- To the full extent permitted by law Suttons Consumer Products will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this giveaway beyond its reasonable control. Suttons Consumer Products does not accept any liability for the acts of any third-party Prize provider.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and affect the remainder of the provision.