This competition has now closed but thank you to all those who took part. All the winners have been drawn & contacted. Congratulations to our 5 winners who each won six bare root strawberry ‘Florence’ plants.
While you wait for our next competition, be sure to check out our full range of strawberry plants – the quintessential British summertime treat!
Benefits of bare root ‘Florence’ strawberry plants
You don’t need acres of space and fully fledged garden beds to enjoy the delicious taste of strawberry ‘Florence’. Only growing to 20cm high, this late-season fruiter can be happily grown in a container or hanging basket, and can be harvested from late June to the end of July. Or if you fancy an extended harvest, grow this variety in a polytunnel or greenhouse and enjoy the taste of summer early!
Throughout the growing season, Strawberry ‘Florence’ shows great resistance to pests and diseases and, as a hardy perennial, it returns every year with a sweet crop of firm and colourful strawberries.
The benefits of bare root vs potted varieties
As one of the most cost-effective ways to grow your favourite fruit or veg at home, bare root plants also tend to have superior root health, establish faster in the garden, and have a smaller chance of producing weaker crops. Arriving at your door as dormant plants that need just a little TLC, your strawberries will also have less transplant shock than seedlings or potted varieties.
Plant your dormant bare-root plants in spring, making sure to choose a spot that gets lots of warm sun. Use quality multi-purpose compost if you’re growing in containers, and remember to give your strawberries a good drink of water after planting to settle them in.
Terms and conditions
- This giveaway is only open to United Kingdom mainland residents aged over 18, excluding employees of Suttons Consumer Products, their families and all those professionally associated with this Promotion.
- This giveaway is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 25th April 2022
- To Enter: choose from the methods available, including sharing an email address for great offers, tweeting about the giveaway, and visiting the Suttons Facebook page.
- The Prize: 5 winners will be selected and six bare root ‘Florence’ strawberry plants.
The prizes will be sent to the winners by post.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable or transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, or discounts. Due to current regulations, we are not able to send this prize to winners in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
- The winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the promotional period within 2 working days of the Closing Date.
- The winners will be contacted by an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 working days of the Closing Date. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner. If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner.
- No cash alternative for the Prize stated is offered.
- Suttons Consumer Products may substitute the Prize for a prize of an equal or greater value if, for any reason, the original Prize is unavailable.
- Suttons Consumer Products may request that the winner participates in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winner is under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion.
- By entering this giveaway, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of the Suttons Consumer Products, which are final in all matters relating to the giveaway. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If you agreed to sign up to our mailing list, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails and catalogues from Suttons Seeds, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a voluntary entry method, and not a mandatory condition of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the giveaway, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the giveaway, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
- To the full extent permitted by law Suttons Consumer Products will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this giveaway beyond its reasonable control. Suttons Consumer Products does not accept any liability for the acts of any third-party Prize provider.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and affect the remainder of the provisions.