For more inspiration on attracting birds and pollinators to your garden, read our expert tips article here.
How to attract birds to your garden this summer
Our feathered friends need just as much support in summer as the rest of the year. Not only does the warmer weather make it a great time to attract birds to your garden, it’s a fascinating opportunity to watch as new fledglings grow and mature.
If you want to attract birds to your garden this summer, here are some top tips from the experts at Happy Beaks:
- Offer a bird bath filled with fresh water.
- Put out small but regular amounts of high protein bird foods like aflatoxin-tested peanuts and sunflower hearts. The ground can be very hard in the summer making it difficult for birds to get to worms.
- Clean your feeders regularly to prevent the spread of devastating avian diseases.
- A bird table with a built-in feeder keeps young birds safe from cats.
- Offer a shady respite during the hottest months. Grow hedging plants to provide shade and secure shelter from predators.
- Sow a wildflower seed mix to naturally increase biodiversity in your garden, or opt for a specific birds and bees flower seed mix.
- Add shrubs with lots of berries, like pyracantha, to help birds through the winter.
- Avoid using pesticides which can find their way into the food chain.
Terms and conditions
- This competition is only open to UK mainland residents aged 18 or over.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- The promoters of this competition are Happy Beaks and Suttons Seeds
- The Competition opens at 11.59am on 17th May 2022, and closes at 11.59am on 31st May 2022. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
- Employees or agents of Happy Beaks, Suttons and related brands – Branded Garden Products, their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- To enter the Competition you must use the Rafflecopter widget supplied. To further increase the number of times you are entered into the competition, you also have the option to:
Subscribe to Suttons Seeds exclusive email offers.
Follow Suttons Seeds on Instagram
Visit Suttons Seeds Facebook page
Follow Suttons Seeds on Twitter
Tweet about the giveaway
Visit the Happy Beaks Facebook page
Follow Happy Beaks on Twitter
Follow Happy Beaks on Instagram
Subscribe to Happy Beaks exclusive email offers.
These are all extra voluntary options, and are not mandatory conditions of entry.
The prizes will be sent to the winners by post.
- If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not email us to enter; only email if you have difficulties using the online entry form above.
- There will be one winner randomly selected who will receive the prize of bundle prize of:
1x The Birds and Bees Mix Seeds
1x Wildflower Seeds – Collection
1x Pollinator Mix Seeds – Flowers
1x Nature’s Market Premium Bird Table with Built-in Feeder
1x Peanuts – Aflatoxin Tested – 12.75kg
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- The winner will be notified by email within 3 working days of the closing date. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the promotor shall be entitled to select another winner.
- If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the promotor shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. The promoters retains their rights to substitute the Prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available. Due to current regulations, we are not able to send this prize to winners in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
- The promoters may request that the winner participates in publicity arising from the Competition. The winner is under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion.
- If you agreed to sign up to Suttons mailing list, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails and catalogues from Suttons Seeds, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a voluntary entry method, and not a mandatory condition of entry.
- If you agreed to sign up to Happy Beaks mailing list, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails and catalogues from Happy Beaks, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a voluntary entry method, and not a mandatory condition of entry.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoters accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the giveaway, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
- The promoters reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. The decision of the promoters in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoters reserves the right to disqualify entries if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent entry has occurred.
- The promoters shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- For further information and to see how we store your data, please check out the full Suttons Privacy and Cookies Policy -https://www.suttons.co.uk/privacy-and-cookies/