This competition has now closed but thank you to all those who took part. Congratulations goes to our 3 winners who each won a bundle of Suttons house plants.
Learn more about the three amazing house plants that were up for grabs and for more inspiration, browse our full range of house plants here.
Pineapple Plant ‘Rosita’
The pink pineapple plant ‘Rosita’ makes a fabulous, tropical statement! With a mini (non-edible) fruit crowning the glossy leaves, this cheerful plant lifts your spirits through the darkest winter mornings and looks amazing on a sunny bedroom window sill or in a conservatory. An air purifier, the pineapple plant also releases an anti-inflammatory enzyme at night which is said to alleviate snoring.
Keep your plant near a draught-free, south-facing window and water regularly, making sure the top layers of compost dry out between waterings.
Hypoestes phyllostachya ‘Pink’
With stunning, eye-catching pink and green speckled leaves, it’s easy to see why this tropical beauty is commonly known as the ‘polka dot plant’. Ideal for adding a vibrant splash of colour to your home, Hypoestes phyllostachya ‘Pink’ is easy to look after.
Keep your plant in a warm spot with indirect light where the sun won’t scorch the leaves. If it’s not bright enough, the coloured foliage will start to fade. The polka dot plant also enjoys high levels of humidity, so misting the leaves occasionally will help, as well as frequent watering.
Maranta leuconeura ‘Fascinator’
Known as the ‘prayer plant’, Maranta leuconeura ‘Fascinator’ is a spectacular addition to any house plant collection. Every night, the striking tricolour leaves fold up, as if in prayer, making ‘Fascinator’ one of the most interesting indoor plants you can care for. Once it reaches a certain size, your Maranta will start to trail, cascading from a hanging basket or a high shelf.
Make sure your prayer plant gets plenty of bright, indirect light. Because it originates from the rainforest floor, it thrives in steamy, humid conditions like a bathroom window sill. Alternatively, keep it in a warm room and mist the leaves daily.
Terms and conditions
- This giveaway is only open to United Kingdom mainland residents aged over 18, excluding employees of Suttons Consumer Products, their families and all those professionally associated with this Promotion.
- This giveaway is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 25th November
- To Enter: choose from the four methods available, including sharing an email address for great offers, tweeting about the giveaway, and visiting the Suttons Facebook page.
- The Prize: 3 winners will be selected and each sent 3x houseplants (worth £46.97). The varieties on offer are:
1x Pineapple Plant ‘Rosita’ (1 x 12cm Potted Plant)
1x Maranta leuconeura Fascinator (1 x 8.5cm Potted Plant)
1x Hypoestes phyllostachya Pink (1 x 9cm Potted Plant)
- The Prize is non-exchangeable or transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, or discounts. Due to current regulations, we are not able to send this prize to winners in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
- The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the promotional period within 3 working days of the Closing Date.
- The winner will be contacted by an email from email@example.com within 3 working days of the Closing Date. If the winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner. If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner.
- No cash alternative for the Prize stated is offered.
- Suttons Consumer Products may substitute the Prize for a prize of an equal or greater value if, for any reason, the original Prize is unavailable.
- Suttons Consumer Products may request that the winner participates in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winner is under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion.
- By entering this giveaway, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of the Suttons Consumer Products, which are final in all matters relating to the giveaway. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If you agreed to sign up to our mailing list, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails and catalogues from Suttons Seeds, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a voluntary entry method, and not a mandatory condition of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the giveaway, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the giveaway, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
- To the full extent permitted by law Suttons Consumer Products will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this giveaway beyond its reasonable control. Suttons Consumer Products does not accept any liability for the acts of any third-party Prize provider.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and affect the remainder of the provisions.