In last week’s blog we posed some questions linking music to gardening. And this week we’re providing the answers. So, take a look below and see how well you did.
1. Who liked the idea of gardening at night?
2. What colour was Tom Jones’ grass of home?
3. Whose garden did the Beatles sing about?
4. Tiny Tim asked visitors to …?
Tiptoe Through The Tulips
5. Which sisters told you not to sit under the apple tree?
6. Who sang “Digging in the Dirt”?
7. Where was Jimmie Rodgers?
In An English Country Garden
8. Who did Charles Compton invite into the garden?
Fruit & Veg
1. What fruity hat did Prince wear?
2. Who sang about Green Onions?
Booker T and the MGs
3. Led Zeppelin were partial to which potatoes?
4. What did the Black Eyed Peas rock
That Body (Rock That Body)
5. Fats Domino sang about what hill?
6. Where were the Red Hot Chilli Peppers hiding?
Under the Bridge
7. The Osmonds felt that what wouldn’t spoil the whole bunch?
One Rotten Apple
8. Name a fruity song by the Stanglers
1. The name and theme song of a Bette Midler film.
2. What duet accused each other of not bringing flowers anymore?
Barbara Streisand and Neil Diamond
3. What was the first song ever played on Radio One?
Flowers In The Rain, by The Move
4. Which Osmond sang about fragile roses?
5. Marie Osmond – Paper Roses
6. In which year was Glenn Campbells song “Sunflowers” released?
7. What flower built the foundations?
Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations
1. Who composed The Flight of the Bumblebee?
2. Which insects did Adam sing with?
Adam and the Ants
3. Miley Cyrus had a fly, where?
4. Fly on the Wall
5. Muse sang about butterflies and …?
6. Which group were part insect and part horse?
8. Who sang about garden pests?
So, how many did you get right? We’d love to know.