This competition has now closed but thank you to all those who took part. Congratulations goes to our 3 winners who each won a bundle of Suttons crocus bulbs.
For more inspiration, here’s everything you need about planting crocus in your garden, or browse our full range of crocus bulbs.
Why everyone should plant crocus bulbs
If you plant autumn-flowering crocuses alongside spring-flowering varieties you’ll benefit from a long and joyful splash of jewel-like colours through the greyest period of the year. These yellow, orange, purple and white blooms are perfect for containers, sunny window boxes, the front of borders or naturalising in lawns.
More than just a pretty petal, crocuses provide much-needed food for pollinators as they emerge from hibernation. In late winter, they’re often the only flowers in bloom until the rest of the spring bulbs burst into life.
How to choose the best crocus bulbs for your garden
There’s a wide range of crocus bulbs from which to choose, but ordering a professionally curated collection like Crocus ‘Bicolour Mix’ is an easy option. Containing three unusual varieties with a beautifully co-ordinated two-tone theme, each flower is also a star in its own right. The mix includes:
- Crocus ‘Vanguard’ – These silvery-mauve goblet-shaped petals open to reveal deeper purple inside. Reaching a full height of 10cm, they flower from early February and, if left undisturbed in a lawn, eventually spread into a gorgeous carpet of colour.
- Crocus ‘Skyline’ – The delicate, violet-veined petals of this bloom burst open to reveal an eye-catching orange stamen. Producing several flowers from each corm, this gorgeous flower might be small in stature, but it packs a powerful punch in spring displays.
- Crocus ‘Pickwick’ – Another vigorous and hardy Dutch variety, the purple and white petals of this goblet-shaped bloom look especially good against a frost-tipped lawn. Opening to reveal a golden stamen, they’re a magnet for bumblebees and other pollinators.
One of the most special of all the spring bulbs, crocuses fill your late winter garden with bright swathes of joyful colour at a time when it’s needed most. Simply bury the corms in a hole that’s three times as deep as their own size, and make sure the pointed tip is facing up. Find more advice on when to plant spring bulbs here.
Terms and conditions
- This giveaway is only open to United Kingdom mainland residents aged over 18, excluding employees of Suttons Consumer Products, their families and all those professionally associated with this Promotion.
- This giveaway is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Closing Date: 12 noon, Thursday 29th September 2022.
- To Enter: choose from the five methods available, including sharing an email address for great offers, tweeting about the giveaway, and visiting the Suttons Facebook page.
- The Prize: 3x winners will each win a 40 crocus bulb bundle – ‘Bicolour Mix’.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable or transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, or discounts. Due to current regulations, we are not able to send this prize to winners in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
- The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the promotional period within 3 working days of the Closing Date.
- The winner will be contacted by an email from email@example.com within 3 working days of the Closing Date. If the winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner. If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Suttons shall be entitled to select another winner.
- No cash alternative for the Prize stated is offered.
- Suttons Consumer Products may substitute the Prize for a prize of an equal or greater value if, for any reason, the original Prize is unavailable.
- Suttons Consumer Products may request that the winner participates in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winner is under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion.
- By entering this giveaway, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of the Suttons Consumer Products, which are final in all matters relating to the giveaway. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If you agreed to sign up to our mailing list, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails and catalogues from Suttons Seeds, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a voluntary entry method, and not a mandatory condition of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Suttons Consumer Products or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Suttons Consumer Products reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the giveaway, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the giveaway, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
- To the full extent permitted by law Suttons Consumer Products will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this giveaway beyond its reasonable control. Suttons Consumer Products does not accept any liability for the acts of any third-party Prize provider.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and affect the remainder of the provisions.