Module Strawberries Growing Instructions
These strawberries are module plants grown on from last Autumn and flowering buds are already forming.
- Select an area in your garden, that should be sunny and with good drainage.
- Remove all perennial weeds and we recommend that you plant through a ground cover mulch to reduce weeding in subsequent months.
- Dig a hole and plant the module making sure that the crown (the growing tip of the plant at the base of the leaves) is not buried.
- Water in to settle the plants.
- Plants will form flowers in June and we recommend you feed with tomato fertiliser when the small berries start to appear.
- Harvest ripe berries from July onwards.
- Removal of any runners will maximise fruiting.
- In the autumn cut away any diseased or damaged foliage.
- In colder areas we recommend some protection over winter such as straw or a fleece as this helps the strawberries to fruit earlier next year.