You've been automatically redirected - this is the new home for our blog posts - please update your bookmarks to hub.suttons.co.uk/blog
Marigold and Calendula Stir Fry
- 2 chicken breasts skinless and cut into chunks (replace with baby sweetcorn and mangetout for a vegetarian option)
- 200 grams fresh egg noodles cooked
- 1 red onion small
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped/crushed
- 1 cm3 ginger grated
- 100 grams chicken/veg stock
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 yellow pepper finely sliced
- 1 courgette finely sliced
- 50 grams mushroom sliced
- 0.5 cup calendula petals
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
Taking a large frying pan or wok, add a little vegetable oil and fry off the Chinese five spice, garlic and onions until softened.
Add the diced chicken and stir occasionally making sure the chicken is cooked.
Add the pepper, courgette, mushrooms and ginger and stir for a few minutes before adding soy sauce and sesame oil
Add the fresh noodles and stock and cook on for a further 5 minutes.
Take frying pan/wok off the heat and add the marigold and calendula petals, stir in gently and serve. Nasturtiums can also be used if you want a stronger peppery flavour.